Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Mississippi Cruise

Our May date was a paddle boat cruise on the Mississippi. It was quite warm when we first got started.


There was some commentary on the city and places that we passed but I struggled to hear any of it since there were kids talking to their friends and Indians speaking a foreign language around us.

The water was a muddy brown but the foliage beyond was pretty.


We started about 30 minutes late and had grey clouds and showers for the last 30 minutes of the trip. I admit that I had difficulty relaxing and enjoying the ride. I kept thinking about what I could be accomplishing. I tried to tell myself to sit back, breath and take in the scenery. RJ was so relaxed that he fell asleep!

The best part was on the way home we stopped at a candy shop down town and bought chocolate covered pretzels and a Chicago style bag of popcorn (caramel, butter, and cheese). We enjoyed a redbox in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment