Monday, March 14, 2011

Oooh La La Beauty Spa!

For Valentine's Day, we bought McKenna a Fancy Nancy book called the "Oooh La La Beauty Spa." During "quiet" time one Sunday, Hunter and McKenna decided to create a beauty spa of their own.

Inside the spidy tent was a full service salon! They had crackers with nutella, trailmix, mandrins (for the health conscious), and marshmellows.

This is the "before" picture of me soaking my feet in my salad bowl turned foot bath. McKenna wanted the royal treatment too and every time she stuck her feet in, the water overflowed. Thank goodness for the towels all over the floor (they sure had a smart designer when they built this spa)!

It became clear to me why they were so anxious for me to come downstairs and be pampered. They couldn't wait one more second to dive into their snacks.



Hunter painted my toe nails and put a mask on me. Poor McKenna's mask left her face red.

We enjoyed free entertaiment per Hunter. We had to guess which princess card he was holding up. Cinderella!

I suppose that this is my "after" shot. Hunter put a handful of mouse in my hair and gave it a blow out. He said "I bet this is the best day of your life" when all was said and done. How do I look? The kids weren't so enthusiastic when I told them they would need to clean everything up. In the words of Fancy Nancy, they said they were "exhausted" and needed some pampering of their own. So much for the best day of my life!

1 comment:

  1. this is hilarious! and they are so clever too! such detail. i can't believe that they followed through with it. i would have just set it up and walked away. love the "after-shot."

    ReplyDelete