Monday, October 25, 2010

Hunter's Starts School!

Ready or not, here comes Hunter!
I eagerly anticipated going school shopping with Hunter. It wasn't quite as fun as I thought it would be dragging McKenna along. She wouldn't stay in the stroller and had to go potty every 10 minutes. In the end, Hunter was pleased with his wardrobe.
He loved this shirt because it had a hood. We had to drive from Minneapolis to Maple Grove the first week of school. Here's Hunter standing in front of the door in our 14th floor executive suite.



I didn't think I would be one of those moms who cried on the first day of school. I was able to maintain my composure but felt my throat tighten as I walked away and saw three other moms hugging each other and crying.

I think kindergarten has been a big adjustment from pre-school. He use to be the top dog in his class of 8. Mrs. Krissy recognized all of his accomplishments and he loved her. Now he is just one of 24 kids (at least to his teacher) but to me, he is one in a million!
We had our first parent/teacher conference last night and the teacher asked if Hunter was always such a serious boy. She said he consistantly finishes his assignments and does his best work. He's very obedient and good at following directions. He has very good fine motor skills and is right where he needs to be academically. We hope he blossoms socially too.

No comments:

Post a Comment