Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Our Trip to Utah

McKenna and I were really excited about our annual sister day in Utah. This was McKenna's first time participating in this exciting event. I was nervous about traveling with my little bundle of exploding energy but she did awesome!

Here she is enjoying her apple juice on the plane. She enjoyed the take-off and landing. Linda picked us up at the airport. We had a yummy lunch at her house before heading down to Hurricane (we did make a quick stop in Cedar City to visit Great Grandma Poulson which was nice).

McKenna and C.C. played great together (they are only a couple weeks apart in age). I didn't think to pack a swimming suit for McKenna so she borrowed some underwear and a shirt from C.C.


McKenna's running through the sprinklers.

Thursday was sister day and the theme was Fancy Nancy. We tried to prepare ourselves by reading all of the Fancy Nancy books our library had. Kathryn really outdid herself this year.

We helped the girls make crowns, wands, and tutus. Grandma bought fancy shoes and glasses for all the granddaughters. They got to color in special coloring books (with markers which McKenna thoroughly enjoyed), paint finger and toenails, make butterfly placemats and got their own set of paper dolls.

My stupendous, fabulous, exquisite daughter!

Grandma Reeve reading Fancy Nancy books to the girls.

Eating with your pinkie up is posh.
We dressed up for our dinner party and walk down the runway.



A boa makes everything fancier!

Kathryn transformed the dining room, made yummy drinks and dips, and made Steve and Robert serve us. We had parfaits for dessert. That's fancy for sundaes! We had a great time with our sisters, cousins, aunts, grandparents etc. Unfortunately Sage wasn't able to join us with her brood since they were being quarantined for chicken box.
On Friday, Linda drove me and McKenna up to South Jordan so we could spend time with our friends the Newcombs in their new house. That was the part of the trip that McKenna didn't do so hot. Thanks for your patience aunt Linda!

Dave was at a Youth Conference Saturday so me and Mila took June and McKenna to a community garden where they were releasing lady bugs. McKenna was excited and nervous at the same time.



They gave her a whole handful but most of them ended up on the ground.
Saturday, we went out to lunch, did some shopping, ate dinner at Cafe Rio (for the first time for me) and watched a movie.


I forgot what church was like in Utah. The (overflow ie. gym) was full. They ran out of bread and had to bless a second batch. Since it was fast Sunday, there were baby blessings and the testimony meeting didn't even begin until quarter til. I also ran into a guy from my home ward growing up- Mark Bevans! Most of the ward was my age and looking fabulous. I was asked if Mila and I were due the same time which was a bummer for me but compliment to Mila since she is 20 weeks ahead of me!
June and McKenna
June played with McKenna the whole weekend and was great at sharing all of her stuff.


Dave totally into his pregnant wife. He thinks pregnancy (on Mila) is hot! Mila is making her yummy slushies. She used crushed ice with crystal lite and peach fresca.

Cheers!
I had so much fun I was affraid to come home and get back to the daily grind. I did miss RJ and Hunter though. My life would not me the same without them! Thanks for taking a whole week off work so I could visit my girls in Utah!

No comments:

Post a Comment