Thursday, July 2, 2009

Honeymoon #2

My special cruise pants!
I was so excited about my white pants. The cruise went by so fast, I almost didn't get to wear them. I don't know where I'm going to where them off the ship when I have two children climbing all over me with sticky fingers.


RJ and "La Buffadora"
and some stranger's butts.

La Buffadora
According to "Nacho" our taxi driver, "You haven't seen Ensenada until/unless you've seen La Buffadora." According to him, there are only 5 in the world. We decided we had better see what all the fuss was about. From parking to the eruption, there were several merchants with clothes, toys, hammocks, food, and pharmaceuticals. The pharmacies are what got me. They had one about every 10 booths. It just occured to me why- every merchant was giving us such a headache to buy their stuff- we must need medication!



Ready or not, here I come!



RJ and I were the only ones on the excursion and it only cost $32 for both of us! RJ will debate with you whether or not we got a good deal.

Does Mike Meyers on Saturday Night Live ring a bell?
This picture was taken in Ensenada Mexico. I found a place on line called "Las Canadas"- a camp that had several ziplines and suspended bridges. We found a taxi and ventured off from the safety of the cruise ship and it's associated excursions. Our driver's name was "Nacho." They seem to think that "Nacho Libre" is a super hero comparable to superman.
We got an eye full of what life in Mexico looks like- rules without enforcement, litter, shacks for homes, and a lot of poverty stricken people.

The water was cold but we had to stick our feet in it.





A bicycle built for two!
I have always wanted to ride a tandum bike. But now that I have. I probably won't do it again. There were selected areas on the island that we could ride. One of them was up a 2 mile long hill. It said it was a "slight" hill on the map so off we went. I was determined to make it up that hill. RJ said he felt like he was pulling my weight and I thought, "Oh, contrair good buddy, I'm pushing yours." It was hot and RJ was ready to give up but I pushed him to his limits which was as close to puking as I wanted to get. Finally we made it to the top and I felt like we accomplished what every other tandum riding couple had when I looked over and saw one couple after another walking their bikes up the hill. My appologies to RJ! By the way, going down hill was way more fun.
Up and Away (600 ft. away)

Up

Parasailing Paradise:

"Look, I'm sailing!"
First Stop: Catalina Island


RJ wanted to surprise me and take me on a cruise as a gift for enduring his long hours of absense due to work and school. The cat got out of the bag and just in time too. I had some precruise prep work to do like get a new wardrobe and lose a few pounds (just to gain it back by the way). We ended up going with Carnival for the 4 day baja mexico cruise. RJ's parents took Hunter and McKenna back with them to Utah and we drove down to Los Angeles in our new (used) van. It was an unusually quiet, tantrum free trip and we enjoyed every second of it!

1 comment:

  1. Meg, Way to go. You guys look amazing in all of your pictures. You will get the hang of posting very soon. I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete